The Glassgate 150 Speedlane
The IDL Fastlane range of products is the market-leading solution for elegant design combined with award-winning security technology. The IDL Glassgate 150 is IDL’s most popular product. The Glassgate 150 can be customised to any look and feel and has been successfully integrated with a wide variety of access control devices and software systems.
The IDL Glassgate 150 is constructed to the highest manufacturing standards to ensure a long life and almost faultless operation. The look and feel can be adjusted to suit almost any colour scheme and the turnstile itself can be customised to accommodate most requirements, even the most demanding.
The swing gate design of the Glassgate 150 means that throughput is rated at up to 1 person a second and its soft closing glass panels can be adjusted to suit any environment.
The Glassgate 150 comes in a variety of widths (at no extra cost) and can also be installed on a custom plinth to avoid the need for drilling into floors. This is particularly appropriate in listed buildings. The Glassgate 150 can be installed with Half-height Glass and Stainless steel infill to create a fully secure, yet attractive entrance barrier to meet modern security requirements.
Where a top level gate entry system combined with elegant design is key the Glassgate 150 is our recommended solution.
Please find below a list of some of the sectors in which the Glassgate 150 has been successfully installed:
- Corporate Offices
- Museum exhibition entrances
- Colleges and Universities
- GREEN. With one exception, all parts are sourced from within 20 miles of the factory.
- SPARES. Spare parts are kept for all products in the range including ones that are no longer manufactured.
- QUALITY. High quality manufacture means the turnstiles very rarely go wrong.
- SERVICE. Remote access can be configured to allow engineers to diagnose any potential issues remotely.
- CUSTOMISABLE. The Glassgate 150 can be customised to integrate different access control devices and more than one device if required such as contactless card reader and barcode scanner.
- LISTED BUILDINGS. If you are installing the Glassgate 150 in a listed building or similar environment where drilling into the floor is not an option, it can be installed on a secure, raised pedestal.
- MOVEABLE. The Glassgate 150 can be set up to be moveable with all the associated access control if you need to gain full access from the protected area from time to time.
- DISABLED ACCESS. The Glassgate 150 can be configured for disabled access at no extra cost if space allows.
- LOOK & FEEL. The Glassgate 150 can be customised to have whatever finish you require to suit the surrounding environment.
- SAFETY. Fastlane Speedgates feature up to 8 safety beams designed to stop the barriers from moving in the event that any of the beams are broken. The gate motors are designed to release if they sense resistance thus avoiding potential harm to the user.
- SPEED. Throughput of up to 1 pedestrian per second through Fastlane pedestrian speedgates means a greater return on investment and often means fewer lanes are required, with less wasted time in the queues leading to a greater user acceptance.
- TAILGATING. 5mm 24 beam IR detection matrix provides unsurpassed tailgate detection and deterrence; tailgaters are detected following as close as 5mm behind authorised users.
- INTELLIGENCE. Retracting or swinging glass barriers intelligently control traffic control flow while maximising throughout. Barriers stay open while additional authorised people walk through – even if they are walking in the opposite direction.
- ACCURACY. Virtually eliminates false alarms. The intelligence of Fastlane enables the system to differentiate between body and mass and small objects such as umbrellas etc. This increases user and guard acceptance, avoiding ‘tune-out’.
- DISABLED ACCESS. Fastlane Speedgates can be installed in a number of ways to allow for wheelchair access to make the access compliant with the UK Disabilities and Discrimination Act (DDA) as well as the most similar international standards. Audio and visual feedback is provided as standard.
- REMOTE FOB. The Glassgate 150 can be set up with an RF receiver to enable staff to remotely operate the lanes for example for groups of visitors.
- CAT 5 CONNECTIVITY. Industry proven technology and onboard diagnostics to ensure maximum system up-time, remote operation and diagnostics.
- FIRE. The units feature a fire alarm input to allow for unimpeded emergency egress and the units can be configured to fail safe in the event of power fail.
- STACKING. The Fastlane Speedgates feature a throughput management system. When activated the barriers stay open after an authorised entry for a defined period of time to await another authorised card. This negates the need for the barrier to open and close in between authorised people at peak traffic times.
- LIFT INTEGRATION. The Glassgate 150 can be integrated into lift call systems.
- VISITOR CARD RETURN. The Glassgate 150 can be integrated with a visitor card return system to ensure visitors cannot exit without leaving their card at the gate.
- ALARMS. 2 stage alarm response: early audible warning alarm followed by a secondary output for a higher security response e.g to trigger CCTV or lock doors.